Technical Writing: Overview
- Technical writing is a logical and systematic approach to design, develop and maintain technical information by analyzing complex product data.
- Technical writers are critical for product aftermarket support and are in great demand across industries.
- Technical writing involves the generation, distribution, analysis, and use of manufacturer data to produce technical manuals and documents.
Technical Writing: Skills Required
- A technical writer should have the skill required to:
- Analyze product details and functionalities
- Understand the customer specification documents
- Write as per standards, style guides and use an array of technical writing software.
- And, to design and develop product documentation, that needs:
- Careful analysis
- Logical consideration
- Good judgment
- Must be foremost to the technical writer in the preparation of:
- Correct and Complete
- Usable document.
Why is Training needed?
Increases competitive edge
Better selection prospective
Ready to hit the work floor
Understands the processes, terminology, and communicates well
Faster growth, when compared to untrained engineers.
Why a Trained Writer - Advantage?
Trained Writers are ready to deploy
Customized to projects requirements
Reduced in-house training
Equally knowledge as experienced.
Pay and Growth?
- What will be the pay and perks?
- Pay packages start from ~2.8 – 3.5 Lacks for entry-level writers.
- What is the average salary growth?
- 2~4 years of experience - pay hike is projected from 6.0 to 9.0 lakhs CTC.
- Annual appraisals can gross to 20-30% hike
- About the career progression?
- Technical Writer to Documentation Project Manager
- Timelines Vs Progression – 8-12 Years
Technical Writing - Long term career option?
- Many engineering, product, and software companies are outsourcing their business to India.
- The number of IT and engineering companies setting up their documentation development teams that are growing on a larger scale.
- India is rich with a cost-effective talent pool of engineers, which makes us a long-term option for companies, in turn, a long-term career option for us!
- Aero, Mech, Auto, ECE, EEE, CSE&IT
- Any Graduate
- Duration and Mode:
- 6 Modules
- 8-10 Weeks
- 250+ Hours
- Class Room & Online (ILT)
Training Model & Modules
How to enquire or enrol for a Training Program?